THE TIME IN BETWEEN
There are songs that just meet you where you are and, therefore, usually create sort of a landmark for that certain era of your spiritual journey so that when you look back on it you are brought back to the memories and emotions of that particular time in your journey. As I am focusing on God's unfailing love, there is a song that will probalby serve as one of those spiritual landmarks for me.....it brings me to my knees in tears almost every time I listen to it. I would like to share the words to that song in hopes that it reaches you to the core as it does to me every time I hear it. I would suggest that you buy the album!
Please don't skip over the Choruses....all 3 are different....
"Time In Between" by Francesca Battistelli
You were there when your Father said, Let there be light
You obeyed when He whispered 'Son, You have to leave tonight
to spend 9 months in a mother's womb, 3 days in a borrowed tomb"
(Chorus 1)
But its the time in between
That brings me to my knees
Knowing you came for me, and all that I can't be
I'm amazed, so amazed, And I thank you
for the time in between
Don't take much for this crazy world to rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul says you're holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
for You to fill me up again
(Chorus 2)
But it's the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what you'll bring
And the things that I can't see
I know my song's incomplete
Still I'll sing in the time in between
So many ways....your love has saved the day
And I'm grateful for them all
(Chorus 3)
But it's the time in between
The middle of two thieves
That says everything
It's the reason I believe
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank you for the time in between
"Oh Lord, I thank you for the time in between!!!"
WOW! It's the 3rd chorus that really speaks to me because it creates in my mind the visual of His suffering as He died on the cross for me. The thing is, God was actually PLEASED for his son to die because his death would save so many and cover a multitude of people's sins!! To know that this was done for ME is too much to grasp sometimes....I cannot wrap my brain around the magnitude of it all...I am so very unworthy....so very humbled when I think about this remarkable demonstration of unfailing love....and I'm so very thankful.
Please don't skip over the Choruses....all 3 are different....
"Time In Between" by Francesca Battistelli
You were there when your Father said, Let there be light
You obeyed when He whispered 'Son, You have to leave tonight
to spend 9 months in a mother's womb, 3 days in a borrowed tomb"
(Chorus 1)
But its the time in between
That brings me to my knees
Knowing you came for me, and all that I can't be
I'm amazed, so amazed, And I thank you
for the time in between
Don't take much for this crazy world to rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul says you're holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
for You to fill me up again
(Chorus 2)
But it's the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what you'll bring
And the things that I can't see
I know my song's incomplete
Still I'll sing in the time in between
So many ways....your love has saved the day
And I'm grateful for them all
(Chorus 3)
But it's the time in between
The middle of two thieves
That says everything
It's the reason I believe
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank you for the time in between
"Oh Lord, I thank you for the time in between!!!"
WOW! It's the 3rd chorus that really speaks to me because it creates in my mind the visual of His suffering as He died on the cross for me. The thing is, God was actually PLEASED for his son to die because his death would save so many and cover a multitude of people's sins!! To know that this was done for ME is too much to grasp sometimes....I cannot wrap my brain around the magnitude of it all...I am so very unworthy....so very humbled when I think about this remarkable demonstration of unfailing love....and I'm so very thankful.
Comments
So glad you have chosen to do this!! I am always so inspired by what you write on facebook. Looking forward for getting the more in depth here! May God continue to bless you for allowing Him to speak through you! Gonna add you to my blog as one I follow. Love ya, Leah